Thursday, March 15, 2007

Back to Basics

Firstly, in western meals, it starts with an appetizer or an antipasto(in italian), which since the beginning of time...lolz, is actually something very light and not filling. Its called an APPETIZER for something, its suppose to whet your appetite to have some more food, which is your main meal.

Appetizers are suppose to be ok and then only hit you with good dish as your main meal...BANG!!! You're satisfied. But nowadays, appetizers are Great dishes by themselves and oftenly, will fill you up...,then you think, 'How can the main meal compare to this?' Then you get hit by an even greater dish...BANG BANG!!!

There are a variety of main meals one can choose from, if the chef is good. It can be chicken, fish, beef, lamb,pizza( this can also be an appetizer) and pasta( my specialty). So if you ask me what is the best main meal..., i will say all of them! This is because, an expert in a certain kind of dish will make that dish with all his/her heart so that it is the best!!! Trust me...I know, lolz.

This is because, cooking has gone to a different level from which it started. So now, You've just been hit by two awesome dishes, so the dessert comes. Why do desserts always seem to be a great ending of a meal?

The answer to that questions, ladies and gentlemen, is because you've been hit 3 times throughout the whole duration of the course...BANG BANG BANG!!! So one will always feel, after so much of fantastic dishes, you just need something cold, sweet, soothing and light to your stomach.

So the dessert will always balance the amount of hits you can take from a course meal. That will always be the reason why desserts are always the best part of the meal, even though it, most of the time, is the most simplest of dishes to make.

Take T.G.I.Friday for example, the quality of the food and the service of the waiters, has never ever disappointed me and is always never below my expectation.
=>mankind are predictable creatures; when something has reach their expectation, they will think of it all the time as great. But they are easily disappointed as they would always think that it will be that great always, so expectation for it will be higher than usual...then CRASH!! they would think of it as inconsistent.

TGIF has never cease to amaze me. My expectation for it will always go higher every time I go there, and it has never, not a single time, came near my expectation for it...ITS ALWAYS BETTER!!! I salute them for their ever growing standards...you can take my word for it.

* I will be posting a recipe this weekend, so watch out for it( don't worry, its not gonna be like how i posted it on my other blog). It will be a full recipe with detailed measurements of ingredients. But trust me on this, I don't cook according to measurements from recipe books, but I cook with passion that flares from my instincts of cooking experience, thus far.

No comments: